The mission of the Ensign College of Public Health is to produce, share, and implement knowledge, and train leaders to promote community health and prevent disease through equitable partnership. We want to make substantial contributions to improving community health and well-being in Ghana as well as in the neighboring African countries, through the provision of community-oriented public health professionals and advancing the science of public health.
Through community engaged scholarship that is based on the foundation of basic Public health principles and capacities, we will develop health professionals who are community-oriented and skilled at assessing the health needs of communities and promoting community practices that will improve health and well-being.
Our vision is to be a distinguished, standard-bearing institution for developing Public health leaders who will engage communities in promoting healthy lifestyles in Ghana, the West African region and beyond.
ENSIGN will be committed and guided by the following core values:
• Focus on improving the health for populations both locally and beyond.
• Equitable partnerships with individuals, communities, and practitioners
• Strive for excellence and innovation in education, research, and service.
• Ethical principles of teaching, learning research and practice.
• Health equity for all people.