Duration of Programme
The programme extends over two academic years of four semesters.each academic year consists of two semesters with the first semester starting in august to December.the second semester starts from mid-january to may. A semester is 16 weeks, of which 13 weeks are used for teaching, one week for revision and 2 weeks for examination
The competencies to be acquired by all students by the end of the year of the MPH programme are shown in the table below.
|Competency Domain||Competency Statement|
|ANALYTIC / ASSESSMENT||
1. Identify public health problems pertinent to the population.
2. Investigate acute or chronic public health problem.
3. Analyse health data using appropriate statistical methods.
4. Manage public health surveillance system.
|COMMUNITY DIMENSION OF PRACTICE||5. Develop and participate in community partnership.|
6. Develop written public health communications.
7. Develop and deliver Oral public health Communications.
|LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT||
8. Manage a field project.
9. Manage personel and resources
10. Be an effective team leader and member.
|POLICY DEVELOPMENT / PROGRAMME PLANNING||
11. Assess data and formulate policy for a given health issue.
12. Design, implement, and evaluate health programme or intervention.